Types of Membership
- Full Membership - For serving lay teachers
- Associate Membership - For serving lay part-time teachers and other defined categories
- Student Membership - For lay Higher Diploma or final year college students - click here for Student application form.
- Free membership for your first year of teaching – for the 2016/17 school year.
How to Join
- Complete all sections of the application form
- Authorise deduction of annual subscription from salary if in receipt of incremental salary
- Application form must include names of a proposer and seconder who must be local branch members e.g. school colleagues
- If you have authorised deduction of subscription from salary then no initial subscription is due on joining
- If you have not authorised deduction from salary then an initial subscription should be submitted with application form
- The completed form should be given to your school steward or sent directly to ASTI Head Office.
- When accepted into membership you may attend all subsequent union meetings
Your application form should be completed by hand. You can then hand the form to your School Steward or forward it to
Thomas MacDonagh House,
N.B. This form must be printed off and filled in by hand. The ASTI will not accept typed forms or forms returned by email
What Does ASTI Membership Cost?
|Permanent or Temporary Wholetime Dept or VEC paid (Not CID)||€337.00|
|Permanent or Temporary Wholetime Not Dept or VEC paid (Not CId)||€337.00|
|Contract of Indefinite Duration (CID) - 18 hours or more||€337.00|
|Contract of Indefinite Duration (CID) 11 or more but less than 18 hours||€168.50|
|Contract of Indefinite Duration (CID) less than 11 hours||€113.10|
|Fixed Term Pro Rata Contract (Regular Part-Time) 11 or more hours||€113.10|
|Fixed Term Pro Rata Contract (Regular Part-Time) less than 11 hours||€50.85|
|Part-Time Contract (Not PRC or RPT) e.g. substitute teacher||€50.85|
|Student Member (H.Dip Ed Student or final year in teacher college)||€0|
N.B. If a member's subscription is in arrears by an amount equal to or greater than five month's subscription, membership shall cease.